Call for Speakers
|23 April 2019||Abstract submissions open|
|31 May 2019||Abstract submissions close|
|5 July 2019||Notifications sent to authors|
For any queries regarding an abstract you have submitted please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
On 25 and 26 September, the annual Project Management Conference will be hosted in Wellington. The Project Management Conference is an annual event attended by industry leaders, practitioners and academics to continue the professional conversation about project management in New Zealand.
In order to make this year’s conference a success, we call on all industry leaders, practitioners and academics willing to give back to the project management community to submit abstracts for this year’s event.
The theme for this year’s conference is “Be the change”. We are seeking for inspirational practitioners willing to share their experiences that will help others in how to action the change.
In Business transformational change can involve products, services, construction, and technology and could be the difference in a company’s success
There will be two parts to the 2019 abstract submission process.
Written Abstract Please submit an abstract of no more than 250 words. Abstracts should include:
- Title (20 words or less)
- Objective (50 words or less)
- Abstract (200 words or less)
- Presentation format
- Intended audience
- Presentation experience
Please submit a URL for a 2-3 minute video of yourself summarising the content of your presentation. This can be done during the submission process and instructions on how to host a video online can be found here.
Abstracts are invited in the following formats:
- Presentations (45 min)
- Interactive workshop (90 min)
- Panel discussion (45 min)
Organising Committee welcome abstracts
Below is a sample of some of the topics that would be welcomed for the 2019 conference:
- Leading Change
- Leadership in a disrupted environment
- Project management skills for the future - future proofing your career;
- Influencing without authoriy - leading by example;
- Organisational Transformation
- Driving effective teams
- Effective Communication
- Diversity in the project management environment
- Governance and strategic decision making
- Agile – the good, bad and ugly, how to link it effectively to managing projects;
- Team Collaboration – the neuroscience behind building great teams;
- BIM – the future of managing large scale construction projects;
- Sustainability in development – how to manage demands of a growing nation and economy with the needs of our planet;
- Sustainability – what does it really mean for project management (any case studies);
- Artififical Intelligence – affects in the project management environemnt;
- Virtual teams – how to build productive teams in various locations;
- Change Management – the critical linkages between change management and project management;
- Data Management –effective use insight and trend monitoring;
- Benefits management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Tacit learning
- How to fit in the global profession from New Zealand
Ready to submit your abstract?
Video presentations will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Ability to articulate your presentation’s audience, objectives and/or themes, outcomes.
- Ability to engage with the audience.
- Ability to relate back to our conference theme ‘Be the Change’.
- The Abstract is value add for the project management community.
- The Speaker is succinct, clear and articulate.
Written abstracts will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Is the topic suitable for the presentation format selected?
- Is the intended audience clear?
- Does the Abstract relate to the conference theme ‘Be the Change’?
- Does the objective of the Abstract add value for the project management community?
- Is the Abstract professionally documented, grammatically correct, succinct and clear?
- Discounted registrations will be available for accepted speakers.
Abstract Submission Questions
If you have any queries regarding an abstract you have submitted please contact email@example.com.