Colin D Ellis
Title: How to Create an Agile-Ready Workforce
Abstract: In the early 2000s, the answer to failing projects was the widespread implementation of methods, which didn’t yield a single percentage increase in on time, on budget delivery. In 2018, the same mistake is being made with the implementation of agile practices.
All of these methods work, yet what never happens, is that the workforce that will use them are prepared for their implementation. Inn this session you will understand:
- What organisational agility means
- How successful agile organisations have prepared their people in advance
- The behaviours required to support an agile implementation
- Why a ‘social contract’ is important for consistency
Title: Making Any Strategy Stick with Stories
It’s a dirty little secret of the business world: between 80 and 95 percent of employees don’t know or understand your strategy. And it occurs regardless of how good the strategy is.
Using industry case studies and his global experience with Global1000 companies, Shawn’s presentation will highlight:
- Why communicating strategy fails
- How strategy can be converted into a co-designed story that can be told and retold, so everyone has clarity on what the organisation is trying to achieve
- Identifying and tackling anti-stories that prevent progress.
In this talk you will learn:
- How to craft a strategy story that is owned by your most important influencers
- What a business story looks and sounds like and how to spot good ones
- Three big mistakes novices make when starting out with story techniques.
Shawn is the author of the award-winning Putting Stories to Work and is the founder of Anecdote, the world’s largest business storytelling enterprise that operates in over 20 countries in 10 languages. He works around the world helping leaders find and tell their stories so their message is clear and memorable.